Thursday, January 29, 2009

reality bites


So Jack and I went to the Dr yesterday and considering we were gone almost 3 hours, he did amazingly well. He did get hungry in the pediatrician's waiting room and started screaming bloody murder but luckily I wore a shirt that I could easily nurse him in so that was easily solved. I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of all this and maybe I really can handle having a normal life again where I actually leave the house and see people and talk to adults during the day.

As much as I love being with Jack all day, I need to start thinking about breaking out of this little bubble we have created this past month. Someone from my agency called me a couple of days ago to tell me that a really good client (who shall remain nameless so as not to jinx things) was interested in me and how soon could I be ready to take some digital photos to send to them? That really shocked me back to reality because I honestly hadn't given a minute's thought to when I was going to start working again. The good ( and bad) news is that my body is in no way ready to start working again, I have to lose at least 15 more pounds before I can fit into any of my own clothes again and I can't do anything more than walk before mid-February. That gives me almost a month before I have to think about horrible things like leaving Jack for more than 5 minutes at a time.

After all, if I left Jack for more than 5 minutes, I might miss something like this:




And I eve you with the onesie of the day, courtesy of Jack's cousin Paige:







No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site