Friday, January 30, 2009

about the onesies...

Since it took so long for Jack's cord to fall off and I could not put the onesies on him until then, he has already outgrown the newborn size before he could wear them all.

Yesterday was the last straw and he told me that if I try to come near him with another NB onesie, he was going to make sure I regret it. And I believe him. Also, there were very few that were done in 0-3 size so it may be a little while before we take any more onesie pictures BUT! there will be plenty more once he fits into 3-6 month size.

I forgot to mention yesterday how he measured up at the Dr. He was 7 pounds 15 ounces, a gain of 14 1/2 ounces in less than 2 weeks so I would say at this rate, 3-6month clothes are not a long way off!
*************************************************************************************

A friend in NY sent us a beautiful gift basket that contained a bunch of things baby needs, all with Jack's name printed on them, including about 100 diapers. I really didn't want to put disposable diapers on Jack but because he has such a little chicken butt, it may be awhile before he can fit into the cloth diapers that we got for him so I broke down yesterday and put him in one of these. And I have to admit it is cute as all get-out!

You may notice these pictures are taken in Jack's crib, a place where he has not spent a lot of time but the last couple of days I have been putting him in it for a few minutes while he is already in a good mood, just to get him used to it, and so far he has enjoyed it. Last night and this morning he just stayed in there happily for 10-15 minutes at a time so I see that as a good sign. Also, last night while he was in there, Jack went from here:

to here:
without any prompting from me at all. He'll be crawling in no time. (Yay! and NOOO!!)

No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site