Friday, July 11, 2008

garden state

I leave in the morning for NJ to spend the weekend with the family. Tomorrow will be my niece, Jennifer's graduation party and Sunday is a birthday party for niece and nephew Morgan and Connor.

It will be a full weekend but it will be so good to see everyone after such a long time. My parents are actually picking me up from the airport and I haven't seen them since they were here (in February? March? how time flies...) and I think my brother is going to be there tomorrow and I haven't seen him since Christmas so it will be a really good time.

This afternoon I got my suitcase out and started packing and Chewy walked over to it, sniffed it, and layed down next to it with his nose up against it. Either he loves the smell of airplanes ( and who doesn't, really?) or he is sad I am leaving. I will be back Monday afternoon so he will be with Chris all weekend and then I'll be home in time for his afternoon walk so I don't feel too horrible about leaving but it still makes me sad.
Oh yeah, and I'm gonna miss Chris too. (I kid, I kid)

I'm off to watch The Dog Whisperer. I was talking to my friend today and she asked me how I thought Chewy was going to react to the baby and I really don't know. Everyone has their own ideas about what to do and I'm sure I'll hear even more opinions in the next few months but I think he will be OK once we let him meet the little guy ( yup, there I go again with the boy talk) and he will be a great big brother. We just have to teach Kumar how to be the calm, dominant one.

One last thing, the Yankees are playing the Blue Jays tonight and the Jay's are wearing their throwback jerseys! I love it!

No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site