Thursday, July 10, 2008

the second

The last couple of weeks have been a bit of a roller coaster. I alternate between bursts of energy and continued exhaustion that just sneaks up on me and smacks me in the face. Also, I have begun having some aches and pains in my back, pelvis, tailbone and belly that go along with the expanding that the body begins in the second trimester.

Yeah - that's right. I'm officially in my second trimester. It is so amazing to me that this is really happening and we really are going to have a baby after this is all done. The last 2 weeks or so have really driven it home that this whole baby thing may really work out after all and we're going to have a real live little person living here with us in less that 6 months.

To that end, I had my first real baby dream last night. I was holding the baby and he was just breathing there in my face and cooing and I could actually smell the baby-ness of him. It was so awesome, I can't even put it into words.

Today I bought one of those big rubber exercise balls that will hopefully help my lower back and pelvis to not hurt as badly as the days wear on. Last night was pretty bad and sitting on the world's most uncomfortable couch is only making things worse so I am hoping I can spend some time on the ball, which is supposed to help the abs and back muscles and whatever else and if this doesn't help, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Since today I am 14 weeks exactly, I will leave you with a couple of photos.
The first is me in a feeble attempt to suck it in, and the second, I'm letting it all hang out.



No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site