Tuesday, April 29, 2008

throwback

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love baseball. We have the MLB package from our satellite service and I watch a game (or 3)almost every day during the (blessedly long) baseball season. I especially love to watch a playoff or World Series game because there is really nothing better than that feeling you get watching great players fight hard for a game and the feeling of actually being at a game like that is like taking 300 hits of ecstasy (not that I know what that feels like- Hi Mom!)

I've only gone to one playoff game my whole life, but it was one of the greatest:

Yankees/Red Sox Game 7. October 16th, 2003.

There is no way I can describe the feeling of being surrounded by thousands of fans, all standing to watch each and every pitch and swing and strikeout because - Oh My God - every. single. thing. that happens at one of these games is so incredibly important. It is simply exhausting but if I have to die, I want it to be Death by Yankee/Red Sox Playoff Game 7.

One thing I truly love about baseball is the throwback jersey:




The baby blue is so 70's-awesome and the color really must keep the guys cool right?








Another great one is the Astros old uniforms:


Apparently, they wore these sometime last season, but - of course - I missed it.


And finally, we have the Oakland A's:


The colors are, once again, the greatest the 70's had to offer. Green and Gold were also my Junior High School Colors so I hold a very special place in my heart for them.

Now, I know I am in the minority here. There are numerous articles written every year spewing hatred for these things, but I can't help myself. I have such great love for these, I wish just one team would decide to wear these uniforms all year (Please be the Astros...Please be the Astros....Please be the Astros...)

One day soon, I will discuss my great hatred for the new trend of baggy-too-long-pants on these guys. Atleast some of them know how to wear their pants.




(Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez)







(Alfonso Soriano)





And for that I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site