Tuesday, December 16, 2008

turn, turn, turn

Yesterday morning I woke up to find Chris already gone and a note on the kitchen counter that said:

I have been walked and fed.

Don't let me con you.

Love, Chewy
*********************************
Seems my sweet husband had gotten up early and walked and fed Chewy for me so I did not have to. He is the best husband ever.

The last few months, walking Chewy has been my only form of exercise. Even my prenatal yoga has taken a hit lately when I would rather take a quick nap than press play on that stupid DVD player. Because it's all that seperates me from incredible hugeness the last weeks of this pregnancy, you would think I would take these walks much more seriously but half-hour walks turned into 20 minute and now 15 minute walks and most mornings I have to convince myself to go just one more block because my tired legs and heavy belly are fighting with my guilt of not giving him enough exercise. I just don't have the energy anymore.

So taday, after walking Chewy and running some errands, I was so tired, I laid down to take a nap and that's when Kumar decided to make his move. I was fighting to stay asleep but little boy decided he was going to finally put himself into position for his exit. He has been laying sideways for months and months now but after a few minutes of purposeful squirming, I could definitely feel him in a whole new position. I may be wrong, and hopefully the OB will confirm this for me tomorrow but he seems to be in the head down, feet up position, all the better to kick my so hard in the ribs that I finally had to get up and move around to get him to stop.

As Chris said, he's coming in for his landing and ready for cross-check. All systems go.
I've been saying for months now that I want him to hold on until after the holidays because I know it's horrible to have your birthday mixed in with Christmas and New Year's but at this point.... I'll take him whenever I can get him.
I want a baby for Christmas.

No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site