Monday, September 22, 2008

looks like somebody's got a case of the mondays

Today is going to be a long one, I can already tell.

I woke up a little before 7 (Guess what? You'll never guess!!) STARVING! So I decided to get an early start and ate some cereal and took Chewy for a nice long walk since it was still so nice out without all that steamy Miami sun. Coming back into the building, I heard "The Mean Dog" who loves to terrorize Chewy and before I could barely get Chewy sitting down, here he comes charging around the corner from the elevator, right at Chewy. Now, this dog doesn't actually bite Chewy, he just rams himself into my poor helpless little fur-boy, all the while growling and barking and sounding generally pissed-off at the world. Chewy is so scared of this dog but he is also not one to just cower, so he starts barking and rearing up and growling and the whole thing is just so stressful and there is only so much I can do to get this dog off Chewy while trying to control Chewy and keep myself from being attacked by this crazy dog, short of throwing myself between them, which I used to do but being 6 months pregnant, I cannot do this anymore.

Of course, the owner of The Mean Dog is a total jerk and slowly walks up to his dog (who is NEVER ON A LEASH!) puts him on the leash, and walks away. He doesn't apologize or ask if I'm OK or if Chewy is OK. I am yelling at him at this point, "Just put your dog on a leash! Please! At least here in the building! Put him on a leash!" This has happened 4 or 5 times now in the last year or so and it would have happened more but I am now on alert when I walk through the building and listen for the little bugger running through the garage or the stairwell and sometimes I am able to get out of the way before he gets to us. I just don't think it's too much to ask for a person who knows their dog has an attitude problem to leash his dog so he can be controlled before something bad happens.

And that's another thing. This dog was attacked right outside our building by a dog less nice than Chewy. His ear was torn off and you would think that after that, this guy would want to have his dog close by him on a leash instead of running free. But, alas, he does not. I also hear him at least once a week yelling at his dog outside because he has run into the street and it's a wonder this dog is still alive and I am not completely convinced that the guy gets that or even cares. It's just so frustrating!

OK, end of rant.

As I mentioned earlier, I woke up starving again today and have not stopped eating since. Besides the initial bowl of cereal, I have eaten oatmeal, frozen waffles and my attempt at a potato fritata. It's 11:45 and I am hungry again. I don't want to talk about what I saw when I stepped on the scale yesterday. I go back to the Dr. next Tuesday at which time I will see the full extent of the damage, plus I have to take my gestational diabetes test. UGH!
I will talk about my preparations for this test later in the week. Apparently there are ways to eat in the days before the test to improve your chances of getting a good result.

And, in the spirit of full disclosure, I took some new pictures to send to NY on Friday. Are you ready for this? You might want to stand back.





Now I am off to see how to remove an entire pen's worth of ink from a load of laundry. Oh yes. The hits just keep on coming.

1 comment:

elventryst said...

You look great! Thanks for sharing the pregnancy pictures!

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site