Monday, January 12, 2009

doctor visit

I had a checkup at the OB today and Chris and Jack joined me to take some pictures with the doctor who brought Jack into the world.


Jack has not been in the best mood the last couple of days and I have put myself on a bland diet in hopes that it is something I am eating that is bothering his tummy and will clear up quickly. It seems like no matter what I do, unless he is eating or sleeping, he is uncomfortable and generally angry.

He didn't want to sleep this morning after his 9AM feeding and only slept for an hour at a time after that until we went to the Dr this afternoon. We were gone for almost 2 hours and he was mad just about the whole time, alternating between just grimacing and outright screaming, to the point where, in the car on the way home, he was absolutely sobbing. It is so hard for me to see him like that and luckily when we got home he ate for almost an hour and then slept for 2 hours and has eaten and slept normally since then. (Until I started typing those words and he woke up after sleeping only a half hour. HELP!) Good news is he is eating like crazy and that means we will hopefully find that he has gained a bit of weight this week.

In other news, my big post-partum weigh-in went better than I had hoped and I have lost 22 pounds in 10 days! (DOUBLE YAY!) Hopefully some of that weight came off me and is going into Jack. We go back to the pediatrician on Thursday so we will find out but I think he is definitely getting his cheeks back:

No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site