Friday, December 19, 2008

semi-coherent thoughts (with a bullet)

  • Whoever first said that necessity breeds invention must have been pregnant. I have gotten really good at doing things with my toes instead of bending over. I have drawn the line at taking the silverware out of the dishwasher (but I thought about it) but it makes turning the fan on and off easier. Also picking up things for Chewy.

  • I am so big now that when I sit and slouch just a little bit, my boobs touch my belly and my belly touches my thighs. Also, my thighs rub together when I walk now. I feel like I will never be normal-looking (or feeling) again.

  • In the same vein, I am getting alarmingly close to gaining 50 pounds this pregnancy. The first couple of months when I was gaining a lot of weight, I thought that as long as I stayed around 40-45 pounds, I would feel OK with it. Now I'm hoping that I stay below 50, but considering I have 17 days left and I have gained at least 2 pounds a week (it has slowed down a bit the last couple of months but not that much) it doesn't look good.

  • The other day, I came home to find a big box from diapers.com on my doorstep and I actually squueeeeeeed like a little girl. Some of you may know that I am planning on cloth-diapering Kumar, but the first couple of weeks, with the bellybutton and meconium and recovering from a c-section, I have decided to use disposables. I found these at diapers.com and they make me feel a little better about using disposables and wowwee, are those newborn size diapers adorable!! I also got the wipes and a spray from California Baby that is supposed to work great for diaper rash and can be used with cloth diapers because you cannot use diaper cream. And that spray smells amazing!

  • It is December 19th and I have not done thing one regarding Christmas. I can't even make myself think about it, it's like it just doesn't even exist this year. I have to go out and pick up some gift cards to send to all my nieces and nephews and I'm hoping I can do that easily enough this weekend. Chris and I aren't really exchanging gifts this year because we are going to get a Wii and Wii fit for us both to use when we are chained to the house by an infant. (God knows I'm gonna need it in a biiiiiiiiig way, see above) We plan to exchange gifts with Chris's mom when she comes down for the baby and I hope to do the same with my parents when they come down. Really all I can think about is all the stuff I have left to get before the baby gets here and everyone else is just going to have to understand.

  • Also, Christmas cards? Not gonna happen. I apologize to anyone who is offended by this but they also need to get over it.

  • Chewy has a new girlfriend. Her name is Rosie and she is a 9-month old puggle. She is about 1/10th his size and chases him around the park and sometimes they lay on the ground together and she bites his mouth and face until he gives her the ball. I really have to try to get pictures and/or video of it; it is so cute I can't stand it.

No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site