Friday, December 26, 2008

christmas fun








We had a really nice quiet Christmas, just the 3.5 of us. We all enjoyed our presents, especially Chewy. I wish I had made a video of the approximately 3 minutes it took from when we gave him the lamb until it was in the condition you see above. Chewy is very serious about his business.

Later in the day, we had a big Christmas dinner and then went to see the Benjamin Buttons movie. It's a great movie but I have to warn you that if you have ever cried at a movie, bring an entire box of tissues. There was a point where I had to concentrate very hard in order to not sob out loud and make a complete fool of my pregnant self. Go see it!

After the movie, I was standing outside waiting for Chris to get the car out of the garage and 2 people literally stopped in their tracks, stared at me belly and said, "WOW! You're due, like any minute now, huh?"

They may as well have just stood pointing and yelling, "Circus Freak!"

Now, I tend to have a sense of humor about these things and actually share in most people's wonder and amazement regarding the size of my belly at this point. It really seem to defy most laws of physics at this point. But after having contractions for the last 2 nights, including during the entire movie, and all the other pains and discomfort that I am feeling, it can get to be a little annoying to have people staring and pointing.
To make it even better, when our friend came to wait with me a minute later and I told him what had just happened, he looked at me and said, "You really can't blame them. You are about as pregnant as any girl I have ever seen."

OK, you got me there. Point and stare all you want. I totally deserve it.


No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site