Wednesday, August 13, 2008

he's poppin!

It's really hard to believe but I am almost at the half-way point in my pregnancy. 19 weeks today!

The last week or so, I have been feeling something that I am assuming is the baby and it feels like popcorn popping in my belly. The first time I thought I felt something was the day I came home from NJ and I was sitting in the Airport Shuttle bus trying to get home while texting Chris about his throwing up (due to poison salad from the most ghetto pizzeria on earth) and it really took me by surprise. It was something I had never felt before but because it was so early, I thought maybe it was just that sandwich I ate on the plane or being nervous for Chris so I noted it and moved on. Since then though, it has been unmistakable at times that the little guy is POPPIN!

Of course I want to feel it all the time and harass him sometimes to get some action but he really doesn't perform on command. I can just picture him looking up at me and saying
"I'm not your monkey lady!" I know if I just wait another couple of weeks I will be getting some substantial kicks and soon Chris will even be able to feel it but I WANT ACTION NOW!

I also have the occasional fear that something has gone wrong and OHMYGODWHATIFHEISNOTALIVEANYMORE!?!?!?!?

I thought about getting one of those cute little hand held dopplers that they sell to paraniod mamas-to-be such as myself but I have heard of that causing even more trouble because some people aren't able to get the heartbeat all the time and even more thoughts of doom ensue and I just don't think I can take that kind of stress so I refrained. For now, I just have to wait for the occasional POP and patiently await the first real JAB!

And to mark the first day of the 20th week(!!!!!) here's the latest belly pic!


No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site