Monday, August 11, 2008

good stuff - august version

Things I really love right now:

*Burt's Bees Tomato Garden Complexion Soap. Until about a week ago, I was using a cleanser that I got from the dermatologist, but started feeling guilty about all the chemicals I was putting on my skin at a time I'm trying to be as healthy as possible, so I heard about this and thought I would give it a try. So far so good.

**Lemonade. I make it myself and drink it every day now. I cannot tolerate the really sweet version, but a nice, tart, non-pink lemonade is like a dream. Guess Kumar enjoys the sour stuff because I am drinking it like it's going out of style.

**Coca-cola cake! Trust me when I say that this is the best thing you will ever put in your mouth! I bought the ingredients weeks ago and finally broke down and made it Friday night. After taking a few bites, I told Chris that if he woke up in the night and I wasn't in bed, to please come in the kitchen and remove my face from the cake pan. Because it's that good!

**Chipotle Mexican Grill. I had a burrito here when we were in Santa Barbara and fell instantly in love. I have since found out that there are 2 or 3 within driving distance of the house. Something tells me I will be eating another one before the sun sets today.

*Tone Tahitian Vanilla and Orchid Shower gel. It may sound really flowery, but it smells more fruity and refreshing.

**The Olympics! This opening ceremony was the most incredible thing I have ever seen. Click on the link for some great pictures, but to get the full effect, you really had to see it live. This is the first time I really sat and watched every minute of any Olympics opening ceremony but I couldn't help myself!

**Gap Maternity. They have been having some great sales so on top of their already reasonable prices, I have been able to find some good things for a song. I have been trying to save money because besides having a baby on the way (and I hear those little buggers ain't cheap) I haven't really worked since the spring and so far have nothing definite lined up, so after 1 more check from my Miami agency, there won't be any income coming from my end until I book some maternity jobs. Luckily my belly is starting to cooperate and I should be able to look pregnant enough soon. Then I can really do some shopping!

** Curel Life's Stages nurturing comfort cream. Since I found out I am allergic to cocoa butter and since almost every cream that is meant to prevent stretch marks has cocoa butter, I have been desperately searching for something non-cocoa but still good and I finally found it. Also, the scent is very light and it feels really nice on the belly. Now, does it really prevent stretch marks? Only time will tell but godihopesopleaseworkthankyou.

**Panang Curry and Thom Kha Gai soup. Both are just spicy enough and oh-so-yummy-licious.

**Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Almonds with turbinado and sea salt. If you have a Trader Joe's anywhere near you, run out right now and get these. Perfect combination of the salty and the sweet. I stocked up on these when I was in CA and have been rationing them ever since. I may have to hide the last box from Chris for awhile to ensure we don't run out before one of us gets to NY and can stock up again.
(Yes, I am a freak about rationing food, I am aware of the problem and am working on it. Don't ask about my reaction when Chris ate the last 3 Girl Scout cookies. It wasn't pretty.

No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site