Thursday, July 3, 2008

week 13: i'm not complaining, i'm just pregnant


*I came home from the grocery store and the elevator was broken again. I had to schlep 3 big bags of groceries up the stairs in the heat of the Miami mid-day summer.

*The pants that I bought in NY (size 8!) with the plan that at least I would be able to wear them for the next 7 months? Already can't button the top button.
OUCH.

*I went to the agency and was trapped in an office by all the bookers telling me that my belly was so small and wondering when I was going to "pop out". I tried to explain that most girls are not even showing at 13 weeks and I am actually quite huge when, from behind me, I hear The Owner of the Agency (we will just call her Candi here) say, "Yes girls, please don't encourage her to stick it out."
Please note that this is the same woman who, when I told them I was pregnant, informed me that she did not start showing until her 5th month and therefore I should have no problem doing the swim shows in July. The shows that are still 2 full weeks away.Mwwwwaaaahhhhh!!

*I brought Chewy to the park and at one point he was so excited that he ran up to me, jumped up and PUNCHED ME IN THE STOMACH with his paw.
OUCH.
*I woke up in the middle of the night in a panic and yelled at Chris for letting me sleep on my back because all the books say it can kill the baby. When I asked him about it the next day, he just said, "Yeah I think maybe you did."
I'm a lucky girl, I tell you.

Everyone have a happy 4th of July weekend! Stay at a safe distance from fireworks, no drinking and driving, and have a hot dog for the pregnant girl. On second thought, I plan on having enough for all of you. Have a mojito for the pregnant girl, the hot dogs are covered.

No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site