Sunday, July 6, 2008

braxton can bite my krispies


Lying in bed Saturday night I started to feel a weird uncomfortable sensation on my belly. It kept getting tighter and tighter over a period of 30 seconds or so and I jumped out of bed and called Chris and we both commenced generally freaking out. I knew that contractions were sometimes referred to as a tightening around the waist and I got really scared. Within a minute it was just about gone and I started to think a little more clearly and googled Braxton Hicks and found out that some women have them as early as 6 weeks! I have never been told this and wish I had because maybe I would have been a little more prepared for it when it happened. Now I'm wondering if this is going to happen a lot over the next 6 months, and from what I have read, it could or it could never happen again. I also found out that some women have them all the time and just don't feel them, and it's possible I have been having much milder ones and not known it, sometimes the belly just gets a little tighter on the outside without the discomfort that I felt last night. I really don't want to have to feel that again until it's the real thing. And even then....

To make myself feel better today, I decided to make some Rice Krispies Treats and let me tell you, they made me feel better. After pressing them into the pan with my fingers, I found myself standing over the sink and jamming half my hands into my mouth, peeling the ooey gooey goodness from each individual finger.
I think I may have found Kumar's new favorite.
Someone may need to hide these things from me.

No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site