Monday, June 16, 2008

notes 'n stuff

It is starting to hurt when I bend forward to reach my laptop on the coffee table. Not so much hurt as feel uncomforatable. Uncomfortable is becoming the word of the day - every day - and I have a feeling that is not going to change any time soon.
Also, when I stretch at the gym, my belly touches the top of my thighs. Am I going to have to stop stretching like that or just adjust a little for the belly? Good thing Al Gore invented the internet. He will answer all my questions.

I've been getting sharp pains in the lower left side of my stomach and around my belly button which I have gathered is either my uterus expanding or gas. Lovely.

This week is the week where all sources say I "may begin to show". Whatever. My stomach has been poked out for 3 weeks now at least. I guess I am above the curve. I am secretly glad to finally have to permission though because I have felt really uncomfortable saying I am only X-weeks along with the stomach I have been sporting.

It's funny because I have always been of the opinion that you should never ask a woman if she is pregnant unless you can actually see the kid coming out. Otherwise it would just be presumtious and rude and she may have just put on a few. Now I know, however, that when you are newly pregnant and you know people are looking at you funny, it seems weird to just blurt out, "Oh yeah- that, no I haven't just picked up a bad Krispy Kreme habit, I'm having a baby!" So instead, nobody says anything and we all just feel really weird. I'm secretly hoping someone will just ask already so I can let the cat out of the bag.

As Chris asked me the other day, "Is this hunger thing supposed to go away any time soon?" I'm thinking probably not.

In case you haven't noticed, I put a "ticker" at the bottom of my blog that tracks Kumar's progress, how many weeks/ days along we are and some info about that week. I love all this information you can get now on-line and also some books that I have found that are really aweseome.
One book I love is
The Pregnancy Journal. It gives you information every day about what is going on with the baby. It's been especially great the last couple of weeks when there is really rapid growth going on. Now, most of his organs are pretty much in place, except his inestines are still half where they end up and half in the umbilical cord. By the end of this week, they should all be where they belong, as well as his skin, which will no longer be transparent. (Thank God for that, right? )

Also, my uterus is the size of a grapefruit, and let me tell you, I can feel it. I can't describe the feeling, but for a week or so now, I can feel that it has grown. Maybe those who have been there before can help me out with a good description, but I definitely feel bulkier.

Maybe that's because I am:




No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site