Tuesday, February 2, 2010

13 months



Dear Jack,

Today you are 13 months old!

This month you have really begun to show us your incredible personality and guess what!? You have a sense of humor! Your favorite new thing to do is to hold something in your hand and when someone asks you to give it to them, you offer it, then take it back and fall all over yourself laughing at them. It took me a while to figure out that you were playing a joke on me when you started doing it and now I ask you for things just so you will do it and we can both get a good laugh. Amazingly, you also will laugh when I do it to you now so I'm happy to see that you can take what you dish out as well. (I know I probably should not be teaching you that these things are funny and/or acceptable but I can't help myself, it is the cutest thing I've ever seen and I will deal with the repercussions when I have to)

This month you also broke your streak of good health and you did it with style, little guy. To start the month off, you got a cold. It wasn't a terrible cold but it did produce an awful lot of snot and by a lot I mean pools of snot pouring from your poor little nose that caused me to wipe and suction your nose about a thousand times a day. By the second day, you were done with my interventions and decided that I had no more need to come near your face with either a tissue or a snot sucker under the penalty of screams directly in my ear until I finished. We finally came to a compromise and you, my clever little man, learned how to blow your nose into a tissue. I am so incredibly proud of you!

Also, despite having the immunization (or because of it, depending on who you listen to)you got the Chicken Pox! Luckily it was a very mild case and it did not slow you down a bit but we did have to stay inside the house for a whole week while you were contagious and that meant no pool and no playground. We are all very glad that week is over!

You have started walking this month too and it is so cute to see you wobble and weave your way from one piece of furniture to another or to Chewy or to me or your Papa. There is no better feeling than the one I had the first time you took those drunken wobbly steps into my arms! And that leads me to another thing you started doing this month, you now love to give us kisses and hugs! Just in time for Valentine's Day!

Little man, this past year has gone by so quickly and when I look at pictures I took of you last January or February and I think about that time, it feels like it was 100 years ago, it feels like a blur of things that happened in a dream. I don't know if it was because I was sleeping so little then or if it's already the fog of the past that begins to blur the lines of memory and I'm so happy that I took so many pictures and wrote so many things here so I can show this to you one day and you will see what an amazing, smart, happy, sweet and loved little boy you were.

Love,
Your Mama






No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site