Monday, November 16, 2009

hugs


This morning I was changing Jack as I have a million times, putting on a new diaper, new shirt, new pair of pants. He usually tolerates diaper changes pretty well as long as he has something to play with so I have a collection of small random objects for that purpose near by.

Today he was laughing and babbling as I put on the diaper and he rolled over and got up on his knees as I snapped up the onesie. Then he slowly got to his feet and stood on the changing table while holding onto my arm and as I finished pulling up his pants he put his arms around my neck and gave me a hug.
A real honest, face-smooshing hug.
I stood there for what felt like an hour with his arms around my neck and our faces pressed together and I thought to myself "This is a moment I will remember forever."

No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site