Tuesday, November 17, 2009

chutes and ladders



Jack and I went to the playground across the street today. The first time we went there he was a little bit overwhelmed by it all and just sat and took it all in.

Today, less than 2 months later, he was much more adventurous. I knew he could climb stairs since he had no problem tackling the ones at Cathy's house last month, so I put him up on the bottom step leading to the slide and encouraged him to climb. At first he was unsure and just stayed there, kneeling on the step with a funny look on his face. I put his knee on the next step up and waitted for him to decide if he wanted to go further. He slowly started moving his knee up then back down, then a hand up then down. After a minute, I helped him up and we slid down together. Then I walked him back to the steps and let him decide again if he wanted to go back up. By the third time I placed him on the bottom step he tore up the steps. He still waited for me to pick him up and place him on my lap to slide down and I think he actually enjoyed climbing more than sliding. The look of determination on his face as he climbed the steps was priceless. Luckily, I took pictures.




No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site