Wednesday, July 15, 2009

dear mama (guest post by jack)


Dear Mama,
You've been wondering for a while now why I don't like to eat the baby food you give me. Well, I am finally ready to let you in on a little secret. See, I listen to everything you say. It may not seem like it, but I hear when you and daddy talk and I heard you say a long time ago that you were going to make my baby food. I got very excited when I heard this because daddy always says you are a very good cook. Then, one day, you opened up a jar and put that food on a spoon and expected me to eat it. Well, I may be a baby but I wasn't born yesterday. I know that is NOT homemade food and you were just trying to take the easy way out. It's not like you really have a lot to do during the day. I mean, all you ever do is play with me and feed me and change my diapers and read me books and go shopping and take Chewy for a walk and do laundry and put me to bed and cook dinner for you and daddy and then you have nothing else to do the whole night except just sit and relax. So really you could be using that free time to make me yummy food too. I don't think it's too much to ask.

Finally, yesterday, you got the brain-waves I've been sending you (helloooooo, I'm a baby, it's the only way I can talk to you) and you made me a very yummy puree of sweet potatoes. And guess what mama? I ate it! I ate a whole bunch of it! Cuz I looooove sweet potatoes when you make them! Then you whipped me up some banana puree and I thought I'd died and went to heaven. I also especially like it when you just put the spoon on my tray and let me feed myself. I may not always get the correct end in my mouth but that end usually has some food on it too so it all ends up in me or on me at some point. What I'm trying to say is stop being so lazy and just make me some yummy food and we will all be much happier.

Love, Jack

PS- Thanks for the blueberries this morning they were really yummy

PPS- Sorry about the kitchen counter and the floor and my diaper. It's really your own fault though because, honestly, who would give a little baby blueberries anyway?



No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site