Tuesday, May 5, 2009

and you thought it was just cinco de mayo



In 1992, I went to Tokyo and ended up spending almost 6 months there. I loved living there and met so many great people and I worked very hard but I also went out almost every night and had a great time like only a 20-21 year old can.

When I was a kid I remember asking my parents that if there was a Mother's Day and a Father's Day, why wasn't there a Children's Day? I was told that every day was Children's Day, which is probably true but not for the Japanese. Today is Children's Day in Japan, or Komodo no Hi where they celebrate the healthy growth and happiness of children. So, in celebration, Jack and I will celebrate! And I will teach him to count to ten in Japanese, like my father taught me.

No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site