Tuesday, October 7, 2008

screwy chewy

This morning before I got up, Chris was having his morning cuddle time with Chewy and when he went to touch his back right leg, Chewy let out a loud YELP! Neither of us had noticed anything wrong with him last night and didn't hear anything go on while we were sleeping, but this morning there was definitely something wrong with him.

I got dressed without showering, shoved some cereal down my throat, called the vet quickly to make sure they were open and off we went to the vet.

He jumped in the back of the wagon with only a little bit of hesitation and once we got to the vet, he LEAPED out and practically ran to the door because
THIS IS WHERE THEY HAND OUT COOKIES! THE COOKIES FLOW LIKE WINE HERE! I LOVE THIS PLACE! (Chewy is a little in love with the vet)

So, we went in and he was fine. I mean totally fine. They watched him walk, put him on the table (correction, he leaped on the table once a cookie was placed there) and they spent a good amount of time feeling and rubbing and poking and prodding and....nothing. She said that it is possible that he was just so full of adrenaline from being in there that he is not feeling the pain the way he is at home so they gave me some anti-inflammatories and said if he's not better in a week to bring him back and they will x-ray his hips. All is well that ends well.

Oh no!
As I was writing this, he started crying while lying on his bed. Looking at me with these sad little eyes and now I am close to tears. I went to sit next to him on the floor and he shot up and ran into the guest room to hide. Poor little guy. Guess he was just trying to be brave in front of all the cookie people. I hope those pills start working soon!

No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site