Friday, June 6, 2008

precisely the size of a small scallop

Luckily, the airline came through for me yesterday and I arrived home right on time. It was so nice to see Chris and Chewy again and to crawl into my bed after the long week and longer night before.

See, for some reason Wednesday night, I decided it would be a good idea to have some scallops for dinner. I've been eating scallops for years, with no problems at all, but the last time I ate them I got very sick, throwing up, the whole deal, but that was a year ago and Wednesday night they were on the menu and I thought, YUM!

Well, not so yum. About 4 hours after eating them, I was woken up with a not-so-good-feeling in my stomach and I won't go into details but I'll just say it was an ugly hour or so.
Somehow I was able to sleep for a few hours and get up and pack my things and get to the job on time, crackers in tow, feeling a bit worse than I have most mornings, but it was my last day at the job and I knew a car would be picking me up for the airport at 2:00 and I think that's what kept me going.

There really is no place like home.

This morning, Chris and I went together to the Dr. and he assured me that The Scallop Incident should have no ill-effects on Kumar and then we did the ultrasound.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Kumar and his happy, proud, excited and(slightly) overwhelmed parents:


(you can click on the photos to make them bigger.)
His head is the big thing to the right and you can make out an arm, as well as his little flipper feet to the left.
Isn't he the most beautiful little baby you've ever seen??

No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site