Friday, January 28, 2011

words

Dear Jack,
I haven't written you any letters in a few months and I feel horrible about it, really I do.
I want to share how much you have grown and how different you are and sometimes I get too caught up in what is happening to feel the need to write everything down because I'm sure I will remember but then things happen and I don't remember things like I thought I would and.... well, it's complicated.

Anyway, I want to share just how much you have changed in the last couple of months, mostly in the way that you communicate with us now. I taught you sign language a long time ago and thought it was great when you started signing and we could communicate that way but nothing compares to being able to hear you say 2 and 3 words at a time to tell me what you want, what you like and what you don't like. I'm going to try to have a running list here of what you are saying and most importantly what it sounds like to the rest of us because sometimes we wonder if you haven't been taking classes in other languages besides English.

Airplane = Ami!
Bee (also Big Bee!)
Mammy = Mommy, Mama, Maamiy
Chewy = Heese (like cheese but with an accent)
Bus
Fries
Cake
Car = Cars
Sit = Hit!
Truck = Guck
Toast = Gookh
Milk = Melp
Bicycle = Tickaticka
Balloon = Tickaticka
Motorcycle = Tickaticka
Water = Wah!
Bird = Goys (Goy Show is your favorite and most-used phrase)
Mouse
Guys = Every character you saw at Disneyworld
Ice
Shoes = Hoof (I spent an entire day saying "NO Shoes?!?!?!" Just so you would repeat it by saying "Nes Hoof?")
Dude!
Wait What?
Moosha George! (Means More George! Curious George is your favorite tv show ever and you will watch it for hours if I let you)
Llama
Babboon
Dog
Keys
Down
Up
Cheese
Ouch
Cart
Knee
Out
Food
Chair
Hat
Yummy


You still only eat toast, scrambled eggs, apples, french fries, waffles, oatmeal, chex, cheerios,

You know a bunch of letters and will call them right out when you see them. You also love the color yellow but will also say red, white and black.

No comments:

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site