Monday, August 18, 2008

37



So my birthday weekend was really great and I got to spend a lot of time with Chris and Chewy and relax and eat and sleep and do all those things you are supposed to do on your birthday. I realized at some point yesterday that this will be my last birthday when I am not someones mother (not including Chewy of course) and that is still sinking in. Wow.

Today is my actual birthday but after being spoiled all weekend I don't feel like I have the right to be too lazy today so I actually did some errands this morning but all that had to be cut short when I tried to go into the Publix garage and was faced with a parking situation worse than the night before Thanksgiving.

(Yes, I was that stupid girl who decided, "I think I need more sage, I'll just run to Publix at 4:00 on pre-Thanksgiving Wednesday and pick some up")

I made a semi-quick getaway and am now safely tucked back into my couch, making carrot and potato soup and thinking about eating more of the Carvel ice cream cake we had last night. There is nothing better than Carvel cake on your birthday, I don't care if you are 7 or 37, it's the way to go. Something about the yummy ice cream wrapped around those chocolate crunchies, it just brings the childhood right back.

So I am planning on spending the rest of today sitting around and watching Tivo-ed episodes of Project Runway and Kathy Griffin from the last couple of weeks, and finally, to top it all off, tonight is the Beverly Hills 90210 series finale on Soap Network, the one when Donna and David finally get married, and I cannot wait!!!

That is, if this bogus Tropical Storm Fay doesn't take out the satellite. Then I may have to cry. Yes I am a total loser. Bite me.

1 comment:

elventryst said...

Happy belated birthday! I didn't realize that we're both "Augustians" although I'm sure you told me before.

Click here every day to help rescued animals!!

The Animal Rescue Site